Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome to Citrus Heights ~ Traffic Laws Strictly Enforced

21453. (a) A driver facing a steady circular red signal alone shall stop at a marked limit line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall remain stopped until an indication to proceed is shown, except as provided in subdivision(b). (b) Except when a sign is in place prohibiting a turn, a driver,after stopping as required by subdivision (a), facing a steady circular red signal, may turn right, or turn left from a one-way street onto a one-way street. A driver making that turn shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians lawfully within an adjacent crosswalk and to any vehicle that has approached or is approaching so closely as to constitute an immediate hazard to the driver, and shall continue to yield the right-of-way to that vehicle until the driver can proceed with reasonable safety.

As I was running late to work this morning, I approached a busy intersection on the way to the freeway. My light was red, but the opposite traffic was turning left. I made a "very quick" stop and proceeded to turn right. A car followed me, and then a motorcycle officer. I noticed the officer's lights were on, and thought he was pulling over the other vehicle, but he was pulling me over.

He gave me a citation for CVC 21453(a) "red signal", failure to stop

I informed the officer that I thought I did stop, and his reply was "tapping your brakes is not coming to a complete stop."

So now, I'm trying to decide .. should I go to court and contest the citation; or do I just go into debt and pay the astronomical fine and pay for traffic school so that I avoid the "1 point" being added to my driving record?

I am praising God and thankful that it was just a citation; I wasn't in an accident; and money is nothing to God. God is good all the time, in the good times and bad, the happy and sad. I am praising God for this wake-up call to ALWAYS STOP COMPLETELY, DON'T JUST TAP YOUR BRAKES... and may this serve as a reminder to all you drivers out there... traffic laws are strictly enforced; especially in these bad economic times where cities and jurisdictions are hurting for money.

1 comment:

MysticsKryten said...

and in english this law says what?!?!? until then, i think i shall remain on this side of the california border. lol