Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Monday's Mention - Cheesecake Factory

A few weeks ago we were able to go out of town for my sister-in-law's college graduation. It was great to see all of my siblings-in-law... except for my camera being broken! Becca wanted to eat at Cheesecake Factory in Pleasanton, so that's where we had a nice family dinner. Although the food was good, and my 7 year old loved it, I was not thrilled with their lack of a kid's menu. It is definitely not a frugal-friendly place to eat. Also, there was an hour wait; this was on a Saturday, but it was only 4 pm, so it wasn't even the dinner rush. Since we were at "Cheesecake Factory" my husband said we had to order cheesecake for dessert. Truly, the portions are so large that you do NOT need dessert - but we ordered, and it came back looking very pretty!

Pretty and delicious ~ very decadent and scrumptious - who knows how many calories we consumed! See the beautiful border on the plate - my husband thought it was painted! :) Does anyone know how to make this? (I've looked online, and found similar ideas, but none for this small of a design)
I set about looking to see if I could figure out how they decorated the plate to look like this (my husband thought it was painted on - silly guy!) I could not find anything online, but I did find a couple of links for plate decorating,some cheesecake recipes recipes, and an impressive looking dessert.

Sour Cream Dreams Ingredients:
HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup
Sour cream
Directions:1. Start by making a round pool of HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup in the middle of the plate. 2. Then, pipe on two thin, concentric circles of sour cream. 3. With a toothpick or the tip of a knife, draw in a circular motion around the edges of each to create a swirled paisley effect.

Coral Snake Ingredients:
HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup
HERSHEY'S Strawberry Syrup
Mango puree
Directions:1. Alternate drops of each ingredient around the edge of the plate. If you overlap the edges of each drop, you'll have a single three-color band of sauce that looks like a coral snake.

Chocolate Strawberry Drizzle Ingredients:
HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup
HERSHEY'S Strawberry Syrup
Directions:1. Take a plate, place it on a spinnable surface, and spin it while drizzling HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup to create a spiral effect.2. Finish with droplets of HERSHEY'S Strawberry Syrup.

2 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Rhonda!
Cheeesecake factory is good but def. not inexpensive!! We only go by ourselves!! If we take the kids somewhere they like a barbeque place here named Sonny's.

Hope your week is going well, sweetie!!
Blessings.
Becky

Still Learning said...

That looks yummy!! It's so nice to visit with family isn't it? I love to get away sometimes. I enjoyed reading through your posts. Our Church is going to do a special on June 28 titled I pledge allegiance to the Lamb. I hear they have other churches who have done it on You Tube. I need to check it out. It's great your church is so patriotic, we need more of that.

Have a great day,

Jennifer