Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday ~ I Love My Mom!

I know I should have posted this last week, BEFORE Mother's Day... better late than never, right? :) I am so thankful for my mom ~ she is a helper, supporter, confidante, and friend. My mom raised my sister and I by herself with NO family help whatsoever. She says this is one of the reasons why she helps my husband and I so much with our girls... because she knows how it is without help, and doesn't want me to do the same. Most of all, I'm thankful that my mom is a godly woman, and brought us up in the church. Mom was not born into a religious or church-going family; to this day, she is the only sibling we're aware of who even attends church. I'm so glad that Jesus found her and that I was saved in the process!

Thank you, Sis. Connie, for not giving up on my mom when you asked her if she wanted a Bible study. Thank you, Bro. & Sis. Wrinkle, for giving her that Bible study. Thank you, Jesus, for turning on the light bulb in my mom's head when she received the Bible study. Thank you, Bro. & Sis. Geurin, for being our first Apostolic pastor. Thank you, Bro. & Sis. Wrinkle, for your leading after Bro. Geurin passed, and thank you, Pastor & Sister Sullivan, for being our current pastor and continuing to lead us in the paths of righteousness!

Thank you, Mom, for everything you are and everything you've been to me in my life. I do not have the gift of words, but hope this post shows you just a little bit how much I love you and how thankful I am that God let you be my mom. You are the best friend I've had throughout the years. I Love You!!! XOXOXO,
Love,
Rhonda Ann

No comments: