Friday, July 3, 2009

Can You Feel The Love?

To my faithful followers - I've missed blogging so much! I can't wait until I can get a new laptop and better internet service. Ours has been down for the last few days, and I tried about 10 times before that to get this post done. Hopefully it will work this time!


I have many pictures to show you from the last month or so - but for this post, I don't want another day to go by without saying THANK YOU to some super special people.


First, I want to thank my daughters for their love and support while I've been hobbling around with my broken foot. Shauna drew this delightful picture for me in church one night. I especially like the way she got my purple clothes that I've been wearing to match my purple cast and that the "after" picture shows me wearing a more colorful rainbow shirt. :) Staci pointed out that the cast is on the wrong foot - I hadn't even noticed that; but I think the picture is wonderful anyway. The girls have also been helping me with the laundry. Shauna can put the clothes in the washing machine and start it - Staci's not quite tall enough to reach in, so I have her help me remove them from the dryer.
Also, my mom has been super wonderful - she's been my morning chauffeur - she wakes up VERY early so that she can get to my house at 6 am - we try to get the girls dropped off at daycare at 6:30, and then she takes me to the bus stop after that. It makes for a long day for her - by the time she gets back to my house after work, it's 6 pm. Then, she takes me to do other errands. If anyone has some great ideas for a thank you gift for her, suggestions are welcome. My husband has been picking me up after work; and my sister drove me to work the first week. I'm so thankful I have other people willing to drive me, but I am SO looking forward to driving myself again soon. (I used to take that for granted; no more after this).
Also, my dearest, best in the whole world, in-laws, have been sending cards and emails, as well as my sister-in-laws. I do appreciate all of the love and support, and want to say

THANK YOU!

The second group of people I need to thank is my dear church friends. The first week of my broken foot, a family from church delivered dinner to our house - chicken alfredo, salad, and french bread - delicious! Then, a few weeks later, we went to pick up the girls from daycare, and were delightfully surprised with a full dinner. Sis. Connie, the school principal, who is also our church drummer, had made chicken noodle casserole (so yummy) and Sis. Sullivan, our pastor's wife, had made a home-made apple pie for dessert. There was also a fresh green salad, homemade dinner rolls, and strawberry lemonade.

I think this was THE BEST meal we've eaten since the accident

You ladies are awesome!


THANK YOU, thank you, THANK YOU

I also have a few other dear friends, Amy (another gracious driver), LaNell, Pat, and Jennifer, who have been super supportive as well. And of course, I cannot forget to thank you, my dear blog readers and followers, who have left comments. Thank you all!

P.S. As I was typing this, a dear friend from work, Victoria, told me she brought me some leftover steak and corn-on-the-cob from her barbecue because she knew I didn't have yummy food for the 4th of July. Thank you, too!

1 comment:

Still Learning said...

Oh Rhonda, I'm so sorry. I had no idea you broke your foot. Oh that is a tough one. Oh my, I hope you are feeling better soon. I've been so wrapped up in my own little world for awhile. Sorry I have not been around to visit and keep up with you. Sounds like you have some wonderful support though!!

Hope you are feeling better.

Jenn