Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

Our Valentine's day was packed with lots of goodies. The morning started out with a visit to Pastry Heaven in Citrus Heights, CA to see Good Morning, Gina of 103.9 The Fish. Gina was there to kick off her 10,000 hugs campaign - she's trying to get 2,000 hugs by May and 10,000 hugs by 2010. You can send her a virtual hug by emailing her at gina@1039thefish.com . We then headed to Round Table to have lunch with my friends Bob & Staci from Vacaville. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture to document that visit. :(






Then it was back home to rest for an hour or so before I took the girls to Picture People to take advantage of the Valentine postcard special. After we had our pictures taken, Grandma Rozana paid the $5 so Shauna could "ride a dinosaur" at one of the shops in the mall.






That evening the girls stayed with my mom while Matthew and I went to our church banquet. We sang karaoke - Matthew and I sang "Groovy Kind of Love".. it was a blast.. I love to sing, and the lights were off, so it wasn't quite as embarrassing as usual.

Sis. Sullivan, our pastor's wife, reads the Mad Lib love poem I created as the game for the banquet.

A dear friend, Sis. Maudie Burns, whose husband passed away last year. February 16 of this year would have been their anniversary if he was still alive. This was her first Valentine without him in over 60 years.

Our pastor's son, Tyler, who was the "emcee" of the evening ... he delighted us all with his humor and wit and the great jokes!

My valentine and I

No comments: