Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Life Happens (May 29, 2009)

Guess what happens when you're working so hard to get the house clean and make a nice dinner for the friends from church you've invited over for dinner? LIFE HAPPENS.

I was boiling water (I know it doesn't look like water - I'm lazy, and used the same spoon to stir the marinara sauce as the boiling water - I figured that would help give the pasta more flavor). I didn't understand why the sauce and sausages I had transferred to the back burner weren't cooking much, even though it was on simmer. Well, when I went to put the second bag of pasta in the pot, I figured out why!!!



I think the worst part about it all was how to get the burnt plastic off of the burner... it's still not all the way gone (can you tell I don't use the oven to cook that much - I LOVE my microwave!).


That's right - I had turned on THE WRONG BURNER! Bummer - I was great about it though - I said "oh, man!" and proceeded to clean up the mess - no evil thoughts or bad words entered my head; no way, Jose! What I instantly thought about was the verse in Philippians - Rejoice in the Lord always. Attitude makes such a difference in life - I want to "always be praising Him" - even in the midst of bad circumstances - I know that a bag of spilt pasta is nothing major - but sometimes in the busy lives we lead as moms and wives, it's little things like a spilt bag of pasta and an "extra" mess to clean up that can sap our energy, joy, and victory. Just a reminder to all to not let the little things in life bother us. :)

Rejoice in the Lord, always; and again, I say - REJOICE!

Speaking of which, I'm going to go work in Power Point and see if I can come up with some cute pictures with that scripture. Check back soon to see my next post!

No comments: