Monday, June 22, 2009

A Monday Musing ~ Mrs. Octopus and the Flip Flops

This story was written by my 7-year-old, Shauna, on April 23, 2009 as part of a class assignment. We all thought it was funny, and wanted to share it with you.

Mrs. Octopus and the Flip Flops

One day I saw an octopus in the shoe store.
The octopus was looking for a pair of shoes.
She couldn't decide which ones she wanted.
Suddenly her money started flying everywhere!
Mr. Snail the cashier started saying "I'm rich! I'm rich!" but Mrs. Octopus quickly put it back into her purse.
Finally she decided which shoes she wanted
the pink flip flops.


My husband asked me to type this up and email it to my mother-in-law, but since she reads my blog, I thought I'd go ahead and post it here for your reading pleasure. :) We're pretty sure that the inspiration for the octopus shopper and Mr. Snail as cashier came from the reading of "Squids will be squids." If you haven't read this book, and have school-age children, we recommend it. It has several short stories and they usually have a moral at the end of them.

Here is an excerpt from one of the pages - this story is "Grasshopper Logic":

And you can read a review on Amazon by clicking here

No comments: