Monday, September 15, 2008

Bro. & Sis. Howard

We were blessed to have Bro. & Sis. Howard with us for both church services yesterday. He is an amazingly funny preacher who will inspire you to continue your work for the Lord, and not grow weary in well doing. And Sis. Howard is a superb singer. The morning service title was "Fuel the Vision." Pastor Sullivan has a great vision for our church ~ he wants us to grow and reach out to our neighbors and our communities. We are praying that we will become a multi-cultural church with many different ethnicities; and we are also praying that those who have left the Apostolic way will return back to God and church.

The evening service was also awesome, but with a different dynamic. Do you ever feel like God has forgotten about you? "God remembers His customers" was one of the phrases Bro. Howard spoke in his sermon titled "Forgotten, to be Remembered." The scripture text was Genesis 39 - 42; and the story is of Joseph being put in prison, where he interprets the butler and bakers' dreams, and asks the butler to remember him. We read on in the Bible to see that Joseph remained in prison for TWO FULL YEARS after that. He was forgotten by the butler, but God did not forsake him or forget him. Sometimes we may think that we've waited years for a miracle or promise God has given us, and maybe we have - but know this: God has not forgotten you! Continue to seek Him and keep His kingdom first, and God will prove Himself faithful as He always has.

Shauna loved the services - she even stayed awake through the entire church service, even though she has a cold and didn't take a nap yesterday afternoon. She even asked him when he's coming back to our church. He said probably in two months = our current building project should be done by then!

You are not alone; God has not forgotten you.
When you're feeling low and down, look up to God and sing this song performed by Natalie Grant "I am Not Alone"


You're here in my heart
You're the light that guides me through the dark
You walk beside me, the night seems cold
Each time I fall, You're arms are there to hold
You walk beside me, giving strength I've never known,
I am not alone, You walk beside me, I am not alone

You're here in my mind
I talk to you and all my fears unwind
I know I'm loved for who I am
You make me want to be the best that I can
You walk beside me, giving strength I've never known
And I am not alone, You walk beside me, I am not alone
Wherever the road leads

And I rely on Your patience when I face the unknown And because of You, I am not alone

I am not alone, You're always beside me, I am not alone
In the sun, in the rain
Through the good times, and in the pain
You're always beside me
I reach out for Your hand, I know that You understand

1 comment:

MysticsKryten said...

Hay Rhonda! This is a great song! and the one i always like is "Praise His Name"... I've heard Shara McKee sings it, and I know Jeff and Sherrie Easter do as well... Hope you have a good week!

Love ya!
Sonia