Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm on the Coupon Bandwagon

In the past I've only purchased a Sunday newspaper (from the Dollar Tree, since it saves me 50 cents that way) if there was a Michael's ad in the paper; which, by the way, will have a 50% off one regularly priced item in this coming week's paper on 9/14/08.

Now that I've started following some of the thrifty/frugal blogs out there as well as Coupon Mom, I've discovered the errors of my ways. Unfortunately, Northern CA is not as nice as Southern CA when it comes to doubling coupons, however, I did go on a coupon-spending spree yesterday after work at Wal*Mart. Here are my totals:

My coupon savings at Wal*Mart yesterday:
Italian Chicken Fettucine Alfredo meal in refrigerated section $5.98; Hillshire Farms Roast Beef $2.88; Hillshire Farms Oven Roasted Turkey 2.88; Hillshire Farms Roast Beef $2.88; Hillshire Farms Oven Roasted Turkey 2.88; Sara Lee Bread 1.97; Sara Lee Bread 1.97; All Free & Clear 4.37; All Small & Mighty 3.97; Electrasol Gelpacs for dishwasher 3.67; Pert Plus with 30% bonus 4.34; Garnier Fructis Conditioner 2.67; Fructis Large Size Codnitioner with free trial size shampoo & cond 4.96; Fructis Special Conditioning Cream 2.67
Equals $50.16 (with tax)

Minus:
two bread coupons -3.94
Pert Plus coupon -2.00
3 Garnier Fructis coupons - 3.00
Electrasol coupon - 2.25
2 All coupons -2.00
Meal coupon -1.00
Minus coupon total: -$14.19

equals $35.97 = 29% savings overall

29% savings overall isn't the GREATEST, I know, but I think I did pretty good for my first time of using coupons at Wal*Mart.

No comments: