Friday, September 5, 2008

We've Survived the First Week of School


We've finally made it to Friday, yeah! It has been really hard getting back into the "wake up at 5:45" routine, especially after being on vacation last week. But, I think we're starting to get used to it again.

Here are some pictures from the first day of school, September 2, 2008.

My baby is now a kindergartner, and Shauna's a proud second grader. My, how the time does fly! Shauna was anxious/nervous, as she stated "I'm not ready for second grade, I don't know anything about it." I reassured her that she's not supposed to know everything about second grade, only about first grade. After the first week, she says "we still haven't learned anything new, it's all review; and still no homework."
Staci, on the other hand, was not a happy camper that first morning of school. Why? Because the uniform jumper I picked out was not the one she wanted to wear that day. Such drama for such a little girl! :) Not that Shauna hasn't had any drama herself - the biggest fight with her this week regarding school clothes is that she wants to wear her boots. I simply REFUSE to let her wear boots when the forecast calls for over 100 degree weather. I told her maybe on the first day of fall she can wear her boots.

No comments: