Monday, December 29, 2008

Dealing with Disappointment

The mother then sat back to wait and see if she would get her requested gift. Keep in mind that what the mother wanted would cost around $1 and maybe take 20 minutes of this person’s time. The mother felt this was a very reasonable request, especially since she had spent so much money on this person’s present. However, Christmas day came and went, and the mother’s gift request was not fulfilled. She was so disappointed. Well, actually, at first she was angry, but then she just felt hurt.

Then the Lord prompted her … “My child, how do you think I feel when people do not give me my reasonable service? I gave the most perfect gift – I gave my son, who came to live on earth and die for your sins so that you could have eternal life.
I request so very little back… yet so many people do not even want to give me that, and so many of my children won’t even acknowledge me as their Father. My word says in Romans 12:1-3 that I beseech you to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to thing of himself more highly than he ought to think, abut to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.”

A few days later, the mother went to church, and her pastor preached about forgiveness and how to ensure we stay saved. Revelation 12:11b states that the children of God overcome the work of the devil by “the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony….”


There are two things that make children of God overcomers: 1) the blood of the Lamb; and 2) the word of our testimony. For more on this, see the next blog post.

No comments: