Thursday, July 17, 2008

Free Sewing Patterns

Here is a new site I just discovered last week: http://www.patternrescue.com/

It's a place where you can go to :
* Restore your damaged or incomplete vintage sewing patterns
* Preserve a vintage sewing pattern
* Recycle unwanted patterns that aren't collectible items
* Trade collectible vintage patterns, and
* Post a pattern request so they can help you find an elusive sewing or embroidery pattern you've been looking for

You can request up to three free patterns, twice per month (the 1st through the 15th, and the 15th to the end of the month). They'll send you your patterns, and let you know how much the shipping cost is. After that, to continue to receive free patterns, you just need to donate an amount (very easy, you can use PayPal) to cover the cost of shipping for the last set of patterns you ordered. I just received my email confirmation that my patterns have been shipped, and the shipping cost was $2.02. I donated $2.50, so now I can request three more patterns this month.

Send me a note and let me know if you use this site - I'd like to know what you think.

P.S. I'd like to thank Cori Eells, and her blog Modest Activewear, for inspiring me to start sewing again. After I ordered a modest swim outfit from her, I was inspired to sew my own .. and thus to start sewing again. I'll post pics soon of the "modest swimwear sewing session."

No comments: